Is Sterling Right for You?
Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and dig in to the hard work of living and learning in a community devoted to environmental stewardship?
Great! You’ve met the most important requirement for admission to Sterling College.
Here are some more requirements you should know about before you submit your application:
- You need a strong work ethic and an open mind.
- You need to be willing to question the status quo.
- You need to be hungry to learn, and ready to imagine creative ways in which humanity can relate to the natural world.
It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from, or how you identify, but you do need to accept other people for who they are and check your sense of privilege at the door. You need to be open to the possibility that the most important lessons you learn might occur far beyond the walls of a classroom.
You need, in equal measures, to be vulnerable and brave, and you definitely need a sense of wonder.
We accept applications submitted via the Common Application or through our own Sterling College online application. An application is considered complete when we have received the following items:
- $35 Application Fee
- A Completed Application Form
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Essay
- Official High School Transcript
- Official College Transcripts (if applicable)
Once your application is complete you will have an interview with an admission counselor. This interview can happen by phone, via video chat, or in person. No applicant is granted admission without an interview.
- Sterling College practices test-blind admission. We do not consider standardized test scores during application review.
- Affordability is important to us. If the $35 application fee is a financial burden for you, please contact the Office of Admission for a fee waiver.
Want to tell us a bit more about yourself?
We would love that! You are welcome to send additional writing samples or portfolios of work. Please submit additional materials via e-mail to email@example.com or put a package in the mail to Sterling College Admission, 16 Sterling Drive, Craftsbury Common, VT 05827.
We believe that all people deserve to be treated with respect and dignity, and that our community is strengthened through diversity. Sterling College is committed to creating and maintaining a community which:
- Is free from racism, sexism, homophobia, and other prejudices
- Is free from the weight of hate, discrimination and fear
- Promotes and fosters physical and emotional safety
- Fosters civil and respectful dialogue
Feeling stuck or confused? We are always available to help!
Feel free to LiveChat us, email, call or visit and we’ll do whatever we can to help you!
Sterling College is a member in good standing of the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC), and adheres to the NACAC Statement of Principles of Good Practice.
If you’ve already been offered admission to Sterling College, congratulations! Please follow the link below to access registration forms and other important information.