International students are welcome at Sterling College.
The admission process for international students is highly personalized. We will guide you through the application process, the financial aid process, and the student visa process, and are happy to help with travel plans as well.
In addition to standard admission requirements, international students must also submit the following:
- Official English translation of all secondary school and university academic records, including original transcripts/mark sheets with the required English translations
Applicants whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and earn a score of:
- 500 or higher on the paper-based test; or
- 173 or higher on the computer-based test; or
- 61 or higher on the internet-based test
Inquiries regarding the test should be addressed to: TOEFL, Educational Testing Service, Box 899, Princeton, NJ 08540, USA or www.ets.org. Official TOEFL scores must be sent directly from the testing site to the Admissions office.
International Students are not eligible for federal financial aid and must submit a Certification of Finances to verify their ability to pay for their education and expenses. This should include:
- Letter of support from the person(s) who will be financially responsible for the student; letter should include student’s name, intent to attend Sterling College and the amount of money available, must be in English and funds must be stated in US dollars
- Letter from the financial institution which holds funds of the person(s) financially responsible for the student; statement should be on official letterhead, indicate the sponsor’s and student’s names, the amount of money available for the student stated in US dollars and be in English
- Copies of current passport and immigration documents including any current U.S. Visa and I-20, if applicable
International students are eligible for merit and need-based financial aid. Generally, however, international students will need to contribute a minimum of $10,000 per year to the cost of attendance.
International students generally qualify for an F-1 student visa.
If you’ve already been offered admission to Sterling College, congratulations! Please follow the link below to access registration forms and other important information.