The Big Cheese:
A Manager’s Toolkit
with Laurent Mons
Registration opening soon!
Exclusively for cheese shop owners and managers, this course combines practical information that managers need to run their business and train and manage staff, as well as provide outstanding customer service and keep the cheese in their care in perfect condition. The intimate class size encourages networking and exchange of ideas and best practices among peers, thus enhancing the classroom experience.
This course is taught by the renowned cheese expert, Laurent Mons, and builds upon the expertise of two generations of the family-run cheese retailer, Mons Fromager-Affineur, that now encompasses 15 shops in three countries.
This course is produced and instructed by the experts at Academie MonS.
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
Designed primarily for cheese shop owners and managers, this course is appropriate for persons focused on the retailing aspects of the cheese business.
THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
Business essentials including:
- Cheese selection
- Inventory management
- Cost and profit margin calculations
- Understanding & selecting refrigeration equipment
- Paper selection, and labelling
Staff training in:
- Sensory analysis
- Cheese sales
- Nutrition and fat content
- Cheese recipe development, including costing out, prep planning, food safety, and presentation
- Cheese board presentations
- Receiving, evaluating, storing, inventorying, and case setting
Class Sessions include:
- 5 days of training, including a balance of theory and experiential learning
- Alternating hands-on work and lecture sessions
Advanced. This course is suitable for those in the cheese industry who are seeking to or currently manage a cheese business, be it production, affinage, sales, or a combination of all three.
Appropriate experience and/or completion of “Cheesemonger Essentials” course (formerly named Essential Foundations for Cheese Professionals). You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your experience in the registration portal.
- Tuition for this course is $3300.00. This includes classroom lectures, hands-on workshops, lodging during the course and all meals.
- Class size is limited to 6. A minimum of 3 enrollments are required for the course to be held.
- A non-refundable deposit of 20% of the tuition may be made in order to reserve your seat in a course at any time until the full tuition due date, at which time full tuition will be due to reserve a seat in the course.
- Tuition is due to be paid in full 30 days before the course start date. A late fee of $50 will be applied in the case of payments made past the full tuition due date.
- In the case of course cancellation by the institution, deposits will be returned. Course fees beyond the non-refundable minimum deposit are refundable for cancellations up to 30 days before the course start date. Please contact your course coordinator for cancellations after that date.
Registration opening soon!