Register for classes!
Follow these instructions to register for classes at Sterling
2) Access the NetClassroom course catalog for a full list of courses that are available for Fall 2019. The course catalog is available under the registration tab on the toolbar.
Note that when you navigate to the catalog you will need to change the drop down menus on the left-hand toolbar to the appropriate semester (Fall 2019).
Also note that courses are listed by designation area (AS- Applied Science, HM- Humanities, INT- Integrated Studies, NS- Natural Science, SS- Social Science). When you open the catalog you will see an alphabet across the top of the page; the catalog always opens on A. To find courses in other designation areas please navigate to the appropriate letter (A, H, I, N, S).
3) The course catalog includes information about courses including the course number, instructor, description, prerequisites, corequisites, number of spaces available, and the term in which the course runs. A Fall master schedule is also available to you via a link in the announcements on the left-hand toolbar of your home page. Note that the fall schedule is subject to change.
4) Once you have reviewed the catalog and schedule you may enroll in courses. The ‘enter requests’ page is also available under the registration tab on your toolbar.
5) On the course requests page click ‘edit registration’.
6) Use the binoculars icon next to the Main Request field to search for the courses that you would like to register for. You may search for a course by ID or name. Please be sure to only submit requests for courses that are running in Fall 2019. Use the ‘new’ button to add up to 12 requests and then hit the ‘submit’ button.
7) Note that there are two additional buttons on the registration page. The ‘Potential Schedule’ button will let you see what your proposed schedule for the fall will look like. Please be sure to select the correct term on the pop up window (refer to figure 2 below). The ‘Calculate Conflicts’ button will let you see if there are any conflicts between courses that you wish to take.
8) Once you have submitted your requests, you may get an ‘exception’ notification. If you receive a notification which you are unable to resolve, please send Laura Lea a detailed email about the exception.
9) Your requests will be processed within two weeks. At that time check your NetClassroom portal to view your Fall 2019 schedule.