1. Confirm Your Enrollment
2. Complete the Required Forms
3. How to Get Here, What to Bring & When to Arrive
4. A Sense of Place: Expedition 1
5. Winter A Sense of Place
6. Meet Your Field Guides
7. Policies & Guidelines
8. Make the Most of Your Time Here!
9. Accepted Student Days
Thank you for confirming your enrollment! We are thrilled that you will be joining us here at Sterling.
Please complete these important Required Forms as soon as possible. They are required to be on file here at Sterling College by June 1, 2019. Please read on for time-sensitive information about student health insurance.
- Housing Application
- Dietary Preferences
- Physical Examination & Immunization Report*
- Personal Health History
*This must be completed by your primary care provider or by a physician at a walk-in clinic. Send this completed form to the Behrend Admission Center, at email@example.com or via snail mail to:
Behrend Admission Center
PO Box 72
Craftsbury Common, VT
Student Health Insurance
Sterling College requires all students to have health insurance, and new students are automatically enrolled in the Sterling College Health Plan offered by Gallagher Student Health.
If you already have health insurance and do not wish to enroll in the Sterling Health Plan, you must officially opt-out by submitting a Health Insurance Waiver Request.
For Students Entering in Summer 2019: The waiver is open on May 19, 2019 and closes May 31, 2019
For Students Entering in Fall 2019: The waiver is open on June 3, 2019 and closes August 2, 2019
Students who do not complete the waiver will be automatically enrolled in Sterling’s student health insurance plan through Gallagher Insurance and billed for the annual coverage.
How to Submit a Health Insurance Waiver Request:
- Go to www.gallagherstudent.com/
- On the left toolbar, click “Student Waive/Enroll”
- Log in (if you haven’t already) or create an account if you are anew user
- Click the “I want to Waive/Enroll” button
- Follow the instructions to complete the form
- Your Student ID is: 00000 + the last 4 digits of your Sterling ID#
- Print or write down your reference number. Receipt of this number only confirms submission, not acceptance, of your form
More information about the Sterling College Health Insurance Plan:
If you have questions, please feel free to let us know what you need! Once you’ve taken the time to submit all the forms above, you’re ready for the next step!
There are seven residences on campus. Apart from North House and Houston House, which house 12 students each, each residence hall is home to approximately 20 students. These residences are set up in classic dormitory style, with shared bathrooms on each floor. All houses are co-ed, and each student’s self-identification is respected.
Every residence hall has at least one CA – Community Advisor – who is there to support you when you need it.
Here’s a quirky video too!