Parents, Families, Friends
Welcome to Sterling
The Sterling College Parents & Families webpage is intended to provide you with useful information about the College’s programs, resources, policies, and community. As your student joins the newly-configured Sterling community, it’s likely that you’ve got questions, fears, and hopes; we’ve got answers, reassurance and encouragement. Rest assured that our reopening has been meticulously planned with both your students’ wellbeing and the quality of their education in mind.
To familiarize yourself with our plans for the 20/21 academic year, you’ll want to learn about:
Click the FAQs button for more answers about Student Life during COVID
Still have concerns? We urge you to reach out to us and we’ll do our best to provide up-to-date, comprehensive answers. We appreciate your understanding and please know that we are doing our best to keep you well informed.
- For the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- For the latest information from the Vermont Department of Health
- For information about the pandemic in our region, the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont
- For the latest on COVID-19 in our town, Craftsbury Common
Typically, we love visitors!
However, because of COVID-19 we are taking extra precautions and limiting the number of guests to campus. In the 20/21 academic year, Sterling will not be hosting outside visitors. On Arrival Day, we ask that each student is accompanied by no more than two people and that students arrive at their assigned time and day. Additional guidelines for Arrival Day will be shared by email.
Here are the basics:
- Students and their guest have self-quarantined and practiced social isolation strategies for at least two weeks prior to the move-in date.
- Students, their guest, and the households of both have not currently, or within 24 hours, experienced any of the following symptoms: a fever above 100.4°F, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, sore throat, headache, or new loss of taste or smell.
- No one in a student’s or guest’s household has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 21 days.
- Anyone who is non-symptomatic is not allowed to come to campus if they have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to Arrival Day.
- Your student will need to arrive on campus with their own cloth masks and thermometer, otherwise we will charge your student’s account for these required items.
- Your student will need to arrive on campus with a signed Commitment to Shared Responsibility. What’s a behavioral contract?
If you are looking to stay in Vermont overnight either before or after Arrival Day, here is up-to-date information on reopened lodging and dining establishments, sites and events in Vermont.
Please see our Accommodations page for local accommodations near Sterling. Please be sure to contact all facilities well ahead of time, and plan to follow all COVID guidelines by the state of Vermont.
The Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, as this area is known as, is a beautiful place, and doesn’t always have the best GPS reception because of our remote location. Here’s how to get to Sterling College–we can’t wait to see you.
Keep up with your Student!
The Sterling Pulse
- Sterling College Instagram feed
- Sterling College Facebook page
- Sterling College Twitter feed
- Sterling College Flickr page
- Sterling College blog
- Subscribe to the monthly e-news, the Expeditioner