Over the summer, Sterling College added Common House, most recently the Art House, to its campus. The space will be used as an additional classroom and meeting space, as well as having an office space in the back.
Common House has already been the site of talks open to the community, as well as a meeting and rehearsal space for students outside of classes.
The building was originally constructed in 1940, replacing the original stone building for the Craftsbury Public Library. It housed the library until 2003, when the library moved to a new building on the west side of the Common. After 2003, it was the Galaxy Bookshop, and then the Art House.